Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Summer Days

7.19a

7.19b

7.19c

7.19d

7.19e

7.19f

7.19g

We visited the library twice last week.  I will never turn down a library visit request.  Emily's arms could barely contain all the books she had picked out.  She told me that she just couldn't help herself.  There were too many interesting books out there.  I completely understand.  I've tried to keep the weekdays on the lazy side so we don't have a completely scheduled summer.

I've been spending what feels like a ton of time in the kitchen.  You want a breakfast sandwich?  Sure, I'll cook that for you.  Dinner is the meal that takes the most time.  But that's what I want to do.  I want us to have home cooked family meals.  The girls have become more interested in cooking and have been helping me out, which translates into me teaching them.  It's all good.  They need to learn somehow.  I wasn't quite sure if they even appreciated my cooking until this conversation last week.
 
Allie:  "What's for dinner tonight?"

Me:  "I think frozen pizza."

Allie:  "Oh."

Me:  "What's wrong?"

Emily:  "Well, we like when you cook meals for us.  Sometimes they're gross though."

So sweet.

I make them try everything and she was referring to roasted sweet potatoes.  I admit that they didn't come out all that well but I did find a good recipe for sweet potato fries that were tasty.  Allie inhaled them.  Emily ate the one I insisted she eat and told me that it was better than the previous version but she wouldn't eat more.

I'm finally on Instagram under thegreatumbrellaheist.  If you have an account, please leave me a comment over there so I can follow you!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Love their honesty! I'm on Instagram too! Watch out its addicting!! Lifewithleahy

Tracey's Life said...

Hi Sarah, I looked for you over on Pinterest, but could not find you. I am there. traceydoerrer. I am so happy you are enjoying your summer :)

DaddyBites said...

OMG so funny.

Kim

Sarah said...

Tracey - I'm on pinterest as greatumbrella. I haven't been active over there for awhile.

Amber said...

I'm on Instagram as cardassianvole. Will follow you momentarily!

Aimee said...

I have been looking for you on instagram in the past - pleased to see you finally joined :) I am angeldunedin, but most of my photos are of our cats with a few scenic shots.

Just the Tip said...

realisticdreams8 is my IG

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Hooray Instagram! I love that platform. :) I'm over there as @bleach226 (everything - life, family, fun, workouts) and @breeleachphotography (photography work - a lot of scenic shots from the beach, the park, Disney, and so on).

Rachel said...

I love instagram. I'm rachelah27 on there. I love following along with your blog and pictures because I'm from near Boston as well.