Sunday, May 10, 2015

Just a whole lot of stuff going on

I hadn't intended to be away from here for so long.  This is the first time I've really sat down all week and I'm not really sitting for long as there's laundry to be wrapped up before I go to bed.  The girls' First Communion was this weekend and with the "after party" at our house, I had my hands full cleaning.  Especially when it felt like someone was behind me making a mess.

What used to be my busy time at work in June has shifted to May this year so I'm "juggling" that along with all the spring school activities.  Allie's class had a Mother's Day tea one morning this week.  I was supposed to be at a meeting at work right before tea time.  I told Allie I would call into the meeting from home on my iPhone. That way I could drive up to the school with my phone and the meeting and be there on time.  Well, the conference room was huge and with the way the phone speakers were set up, I could barely hear anyone back at the office so I had to sit with the phone to my ear and not move.  Driving and listening/participating wasn't happening.  Thank goodness the meeting ended early and I made it to the school in plenty of time.  I was sweating that one out.

I finally settled on a 50mm lens.  It only took four months to make a decision.  More on that later.  I'll end with some photos with the new lens.  We had a front tooth finally pop out!


may10a

Two days later.

may10b

We were loving how we could walk outside at night until 75,000 mosquitoes invaded our yard and home today.  Time to call the professionals.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Missed your posts! Emily is adorable . Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I did. I hope you had a great day as well.

Wendy said...

I absolutely love my 50 1.4. It's on my camera 99% of the time. I'm totes jelly of your full frame body :P It's in my three year plan, but Josh just got me a 7000 for Mother's Day '13 so another camera body is not in the budget. I think I'd like to sell my D90, and my 50.18 lens to get the funds rolling ;)