Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paparazzi

I want to be a better photographer.  I keep a list in my head of technical items I wish I had more time to work on.  What I often seem to forget, and have to remind myself of, is that taking pictures of anything and everything will help me grow and stay fresh.  A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.  There's more to photography than technical perfection though. I want my photos to speak on their own and tell a story.  That's no simple task.

My camera traveled with me when I visited the girls' music classes.  Rich told me that I should have had a paparazzi sticker on my jacket.  I suppose the way I was slouched in my seat (to give the parents behind me a better view of their children) with camera in hand could have caused me to resemble the paparazzi.

jan9a

jan9b

jan9c

jan9d

jan9e

Emily's open house happened to coincide with pajama day.

jan9f

I used my 85mm lens for these.  The classrooms were filled with much loved light so my Speedlight was unnecessary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love looking at their little faces, they are just beautiful!

I really love your blog - the time I spent going back through to the beginning and it made me so happy. There is something about seeing your little girls that just puts me in a better mood.

I hope that doesn't sound creepy! I'm a mom myself. I don't normally "gush" over blogs - in fact I think most are really annoying. Yours isn't phony and trying to make your life appear perfect like so many others. I appreciate that.

I think you are amazing - I remember what it was like to work full time with a little one (on my own) and never having enough time for any one thing. Now that he's a teen, I miss those younger years and wish I could go back and do it all over again with him.

I wish I lived closer - I would totally come by and help you get caught up on laundry and housework.

My sister is an accountant so I know first hand how busy she gets and how hard it is to take care of a family while working so much. And the fact that you try to add running in to take care of yourself is very inspiring.

Just wanted to comment because I find myself reading your blog so often and I rarely comment on what a good job you're doing - with the blog and your family.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how proud of myself I am that I can now tell your girls apart. It's only taken me about 3 years of looking at their pics but I can finally do it!!

And I can finally comment on your blog. For a long time I was unable to because of your settings.

Your children are beautiful and as a working mother I appreciate being able to read about another mother who feels frazzled a lot of the time. And I only have twins.

Kudos to you.
Carrie

Esther said...

The girls are truly super cute and beautiful..and they look so much younger and smaller than the other kids! I find this precious...that's how my twins are, too. Just precious...one of my favorite photos of the girls.