Monday, December 9, 2013

The fresh scent of pine

dec8a

I'm not one to rush a holiday, which means that I needed to wrap up Thanksgiving and take a breath before I could even think about Christmas.  We picked up a Christmas tree this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised to find a fairly large selection.  The girls were super excited at the prospect of decorating a tree, which we did do late yesterday.  The picking out a tree part only took five minutes or so but was still fun.

dec8b

I've been sick for almost a week now.  It's some sort of head cold, which has left me with a sore throat and a scratchy voice.  I'm done with it at this point but can't quite kick it.  I still have quite a bit left to do Christmas - tis the season! - and I'm slowly running out of time.  The girls were begging to play with salt dough Saturday afternoon and while I do want to make real Christmas cookies with them, this was a good play alternative.  Albeit a messy one.      

dec8c

dec8d

dec8e

I don't know if I've mentioned here that I bought wood beds for the girls' dolls.  Well, one bed per kid, not doll.  I worked on the mattresses last week and, so far, that project is going really well.  Photos to follow when I finish.  Hopefully not on Christmas Eve.

Let it snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Princess Anna shopping for the Christmas Tree...the crown makes the picture <3
Grammy