Friday, November 29, 2013

T Day stuff

The fun and festivities began Tuesday morning when I volunteered in Anna's classroom.  The kids were making Thanksgiving crafts and there were more than ten of us parents there so it was a fairly easy task.  Anna was very excited to have me there.  When that was finished, I went home for a few hours and then returned to volunteer in Allie's classroom.  I was the only parent there so that was a bit of a workout but fun and a different experience.  Allie was very excited to have me there as well.  I'm happy I was able to do that and I love how my kids aren't afraid to give me a hug and a kiss in front of their classmates.  On my way to Anna's class that morning, I popped my head into Emily's room to wave hi.  I couldn't find her and her teacher was talking to someone in the doorway and said it was okay for me to go in.  Emily was shocked to see me and one boy at her table, who was also shocked to see me, kept saying, "That's Emily's mom?"  It was kind of funny.  I also brought the girls to gymnastics and dance, which they were all very excited about.


Wednesday morning, Rich and I returned to the school to watch Emily's class (and the class next to hers) put on a little turkey show.  I'm so proud of Emily!  She was fantastic.


There was only a half a day of school on Wednesday and after a quick lunch, Rich and I brought the girls to the pediatrician for "flu prevention."  We're a little late this year, but better late than never.  We promised the girls an ice cream and apparently, everyone else had the same idea.  Friendly's was packed and we had to wait for table, which made that little outing not so little.

I picked up a headache sometime Tuesday afternoon and it stayed with me all day Wednesday.  I sometimes end up with headaches if I don't eat/drink right so I thought that was the problem and my head would feel better after I ate but then it would start throbbing again.  We had that storm roll in early Wednesday morning and it poured rain all day, so maybe it was simply from the change in air pressure. Regardless, I was exhausted Wednesday night and went to bed at 9:30.

I was up at six o'clock Thanksgiving Day, not to pop the turkey in the oven but to run a road race.  (More on that later.)  The rest of the day was spent at home with family.  Rich and I were both exhausted and went to bed at 9:30 again last night.  I didn't have time to take many pictures - too busy with cooking, cleaning and crowd control.





Allie had a very important job - creating the name cards for the tables.



A few days before Thanksgiving, as I was tucking Allie into bed, she asked if I had been thankful when I had three babies because one of them could have died and then I would have only had two babies.  Before I could even begin to process what she had asked, Anna stormed in and bellowed, "Shhhh.  You're being too loud.  I can't sleep!"

Yes, Allie.  I was thankful then and I'm thankful now.


Katie said...

I love the Allie and Anna anecdote at the end- it was definitely a "sisters" moment if that makes any sense.

I'm always so jealous of your girls though. No matter what they'll always have their team of sisters to back them up. They're so lucky :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is because I'm from England but I don't recognise the vegetable? under the Turkey... What is it?

Sarah said...

cranberry sauce!