Monday, September 16, 2013

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

These three days always seem to pass so quickly.  I usually kick off Thursday evening with an eager mental to-do list and spend Sunday nights lamenting the seemingly sudden end to the weekend.

Last Friday was my first Friday at home with the girls in school for a full day.  I lived alone for many, many years and I don't mind quiet.  I often crave quiet.  Friday's quiet was different from the quiet I used to know though.  It was welcome but unexpected, a reminder that noise is good but time alone is necessary.

Rich and I were able to bring the girls to gymnastics Saturday morning.  This wasn't their normal weekly gymnastics class (just a timing change for one week) and I won't be bringing them to class each week as I did last year, so I really did enjoy watching them.  And then there was apple picking and typical weekend activities, such as laundry, ironing, laundry and more laundry.  And more ironing.  Oh, and my awesome two hour nap on Saturday morning.

I left work at 8:00 tonight.  It was dark and a chilly 50-something degrees outside.  Fall is fast approaching, much to my disbelief.  Winter always seems so long and miserable around here.  I decided years ago that I'll be spending many of my retirement years in a warmer climate.

My brain is fried from a busy tax filing day.  Time for bed.  Apple picking photos and what's fashionable for 6 year olds coming up this week...

No comments: