Friday, June 28, 2013

Keeping it fresh

I've been trying to make an effort to take more photos, which has been difficult to do with the whole work thing.  Speaking of the work thing, the important project I was managing was completed today as scheduled and now I'm on vacation.  (HUGE sigh of relief)  I know that my photography skills can definitely be improved upon but sometimes I feel like I've reached a plateau.  Whenever I feel this way, I always bring out my camera and find something to photograph.  It usually helps keep it fresh.

I did keep my camera handy Father's Day weekend, which is when these photos were taken.  Although, looking back, I didn't take many photos at all.  The weather that Saturday was absolutely amazing and we had two princesses accompany us to pick out flowers for the house and Abbey's.  (I love how Anna sometimes just does her own thing.)  We also allowed the girls to each pick out a balloon and cut flowers for their bedrooms as a congratulations on awesome performances at both their dance recital and the gymnastics show.    

jun28a

I've been keeping my ISO at 100 for outdoor photos, like that one.  I did need an ISO of 320 for the next one indoors.  (f/4, SS 1/80)

jun28b

jun28c

jun28d

jun28e

jun28f

jun28g

As I've mentioned before, we normally don't give elaborate gifts and Father's Day was no exception.  We all went out to breakfast and then Rich took a nap.  One of my brothers was visiting from California and we were able to spend some time with him that afternoon.  All and all, it was a really nice day with family.

I see the moon and the moon sees me.

jun28i

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay, for you getting your week off.
I hope that you get time to relax and enjoy your family. Yay, for your "photo" posts. I just love it when you do them. 1. Because I think you are so talented. 2. Because I love your subjects...the girls, Disney, the beach, etc. 3.Because we now have the same camera, I'd like to think that I could accomplish the same kind of pictures that you have.
I hope you have a lovely week, and that the time off is good for your heart as well as your soul.

B. said...

A nap is the perfect father's/mother's day gift and just what every parent needs!

Sarah said...

Thank you for the nice comment, Debbie. We have a fun week planned!

B. - we love naps around here.