Monday, April 16, 2012

I couldn't blog last night

because I was fervently attempting to finish a Cinderella sundress. I had actually finished it earlier that evening but I didn't make the skirt part full enough and as a perfectionist, it needed to be corrected. I should have listened to myself earlier because I had been questioning that skirt all along.

I'm trying to sew some of the easier dresses for our Disney trip first and this one was fairly simple. Of course, the house was a disaster and I told Rich that I could spend all day cleaning and there would still be something else to tidy up tomorrow. So I sewed. Since being sick, I've been trying to be better about going to bed early, which is around 10:00. I thought about staying up until 11:30ish to finish the dress but I really need the sleep.

I'm on the train now so I can't sew (or clean) but I can blog.

So not much else going on here. The weather was BEAUTIFUL yesterday and today we are expecting record breaking temperatures, which unfortunately also coincides with the Boston Marathon. (Good luck to my niece, Lori!)

Because this post is lacking, here's a link to Rich's blog and a funny video of Allie, Em and Elmo "running" on the treadmill. In case you can't understand her, Allie is telling Elmo to run like he's the gingerbread man. (Please note that the treadmill was unplugged and the girls do not play near it unsupervised.)

6 comments:

Souza Sisters said...

Are you willing to share any details of your upcoming Disney trip? We are gearing up for a trip in Sept/Oct.

Emily said...

Sarah, you make me want to learn how to sew.

Wendy said...

Ha!! M&L love to use my treadmill-- they use it more than I do. I have to stand behind them while they walk at a blistering 1.5mph :)

Sarah said...

Yes! I can share some details of our vacation.

Emily - it's really not that hard. You just have to have patience (which I really don't have that much of) so if I can do it, you can too. It's one of those things that you just have to jump in and start learning.

Wendy - haha. My kids would last 2 minutes if it was really going.

Souza Sisters said...

I would love to know where you are staying and when you are going? Is grammy going with you guys? My mom has gone with us 3 out of the 4 years we have taken our girls and she is going this year too!

Souza Sisters said...

Oh and where are you eating?