Sunday, November 6, 2011

4:00 AM

Rich set the clocks for the new time - one hour back - last night before we went to bed. He told me not to freak out if/when the girls came into our room at 6:00 in the morning because it would really be 7:00 to them. I asked, "What if they come in at 5:00?" I should have known better.

Anna was the first to arrive at my bedside at 4:00 AM. Followed three minutes later by Emily. And then there was some drama because I had to sleep between the two of them and we had to sleep in my bed and they had to sleep partially on top of me.

I was awake until some point after 5:00. And then I would fall asleep only to be awakened when a munchkin whacked me. Both Anna and Em were wide awake and ready to go by 6:10. I told them I would bring them downstairs but that they had to be super quiet so as to not awaken Allie. Yeah, she was awake before they even crawled out of my bed.

Needless to say, it's been a loooong day for everyone and I'm going to bed early tonight.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Daylight savings time stinks! The kiddos get so confused! I hope they get accustomed to the time change soon or you are going to be one very tired momma!

Mommy, Esq. said...

It was a long day at the Esqs and my kids didn't even get up until 6:45 am (new time). 4 am? Ugh...