Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stuff

So it's not like I don't have anything to blog about. I'm tired. And I'm about to throw my sewing machine out the window because the tension is all out of whack, which seems to happen when I use the machine for an extended period.

We had a busy (with some fun) weekend. An online friend of mine, who has twin girls the same age as my girls, is visiting family in the area and was able to come over for a play date Saturday afternoon. It was nice to finally meet her and her girls in person and I think all the kids had fun too. Although, Allie decided to act all "I need attention" crazy, which was super awesome.

Anna has been waking up in the middle of the night and running up to my bed, waking me up. I think last night was night #6 of this. It's so bizarre because she can sleep awesome for weeks and then, without any obvious reason, she falls into this habit of looking for me in the middle of the night. So between this and Em waking up at 6:00, even on the weekends, I am completely, absolutely wiped out.

I screwed up the measurements for Allie's skirt but realized it before I had sewn too much. The original measurements that I had drafted would have worked but I didn't have enough fabric so I shortened it, thinking that the length of the skirt would still be fine. But it wasn't so I had to improvise and now my sewing machine is acting up.

What I find frustrating is that I can't ever seem to find time to do everything. I feel like I can only have one project going on at a time. The girls' rooms right now = disaster. But I need to finish this skirt. And sleep.

I'll be back tomorrow.....


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

Just the Tip said...

I know how you feel! I have emails that need returned, which always go on the bottom of my list, because they seem daunting.

Tj bought me a sewing machine about 6 months ago, and I haven't even used it once. I have a mental block on learning new things, it seems.

I KNOW I don't have the time to sew, so maybe that's part of the mental block.

Get some reset, and rinse & repeat!

B said...

Sarah-
I know what it feels like to have a lot on your plate so I feel for ya. On the sewing machine front, the tension issue might be fixed if you take your machine in for a good cleaning. That sometimes will do the trick.

B

mommytocutiepie said...

I'm actually really impressed with the amount of stuff you do fit in your schedule!! I can't believe you're sewing all this stuff. I only have 1 kid and feel like I don't have time for stuff like that. Very inspiring.

Wendy said...

Allie was awesome!! She reminded us of Molly so much- Josh even asked, "Was she baby A by chance?" <3 I promise if you come by our house and see M&L in their "natural habitat" you'll see that Allie isn't crazy, she's just like them. I hope you've been able to get some sleep. M&L had a blast, Molly even told us she wants to live out there with Gramma so she can play with the girls more!