Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You know you photograph your children too often when

So the other day I wanted test out a new "studio" setting/background/whatever you want to call it. I also wanted to mess around with the lenses that I now have because I have had my eye on a 35 mm lens and I want to make sure I will be able to use it before I bite the bullet and make the purchase. As I was bringing the girls downstairs that morning, I started talking up the photo shoot to feel them out. I have already learned that after nap is not ideal, especially when one of my subjects is rudely awakened from her beauty sleep so I thought morning would be best.

I have also found that it helps to have a theme for a photo shoot so with talking it up, I threw in that maybe they could pose with their lovies. The girls started to tell me excitedly which lovies they wanted to have in the pictures. They all ran into the kitchen and I walked in to find them looking at the door where they have been posing for snapshots. I tried to explain that the photo shoot would be later but they insisted that I take their picture there.

Emily decided that she wanted to lie on the floor. So they all plopped down and I managed to snap this

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

before the attacking (or hugging) began.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That is Allie on top of Anna. They've been doing this a lot lately and it drives me insane. They aren't fighting or even really wrestling and most of the time, whoever is involved is laughing. And as you can see, they are all still wearing their sleepsacks.

I have not yet edited the pictures from that photo shoot but I will post them soon.!

No comments: