Saturday, January 2, 2010

We don't want the snow to close.

I don't know what it is like in your house but in ours it seems like it takes forever for us to get ready to go somewhere. And I am talking about running simple errands such as a trip to Target. There are three toddlers in various stages of dress or undress who need their hair combed and (a lot of) assistance with their boots and coats. And it seems like my girls are sooooo slow.

In an effort to speed up the process and hopefully produce cooperation from the girls, I have been telling them that we have to hurry or the store is going to close and we aren't going to be able to do any shopping. This is but one of the many tales I tell them.

New year's eve day brought an unexpected snow storm through our neighborhood. It was unexpected to me because I never seem to know what the weather is going to be anymore until it happens and I say our neighborhood because I did not leave the house so I have no idea what it was like elsewhere and if I turn on the television with the girls around, I'm sure to be overwhelmed with chants of "CAILLOU CAILLOU CAILLOU." Rich arrived home early from work and after the girls' nap, we sort of nudged them into going outside to play. Allie and Anna were on board and excited. Em was not. She wanted me to sleep on the couch with her instead.

I have been desperately attempting to take a picture of the girls together in their snowsuits because they look like pink marshmallows and, well, three pink marshmallows are cuter than two.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My plans were thwarted by Em's sour mood and would you believe that within five minutes of Allie and Anna leaving, she perked up and decided that she wanted to go outside. I was rushing a bit trying to bundle her up as it was getting dark out and the girls don't last very long outside. I was also still in my pajamas and had to change into "real" clothes. Em kept saying to me, "We don't want the snow to close. We don't want the snow to close" How adorable is that? We don't want the snow to close!

{Photo note - Anna is not really that much shorter than Allie. Allie was wearing new snow boots that came with quite a bit of a heel from the Children's Place.}

{Random note - Em is cutting two molars so she is allowed to be grumpy this week.}

6 comments:

Ami said...

I love it! That could be the title of book all about the funny things your kids say! :)

B said...

The cutest marshmallows I've ever seen. To the end of teething!!!! Here here.

Berg said...

Loved the line that "three marshmallows are cuter than two." The two marshmallows are still adorable though!

Jenny May McKim said...

I also agree two marshmallows are still very adorable..
Honestly, I do not know what I would do with three..
Somedays it takes every ounce of everything I have to make it through with two!!

Anna <3 said...

The girlies are the most adorable marshmallows!! I love it!! :)

john cave osborne said...

we can so relate. it's practically an act of congress to get out of the house, isn't it? we've got two boys and one girl. when will it get easier?? we, too, had some unexpected snow. they loved it!