Friday, January 22, 2010

big but little

It has been odd sneaking in to watch the girls sleeping in their big girl beds. Not that they've been doing much of that this week due to this horrible sickness but when they have been sleeping calmly and quietly, I am amazed at how much they resemble little kids. But then in an instant, I realize that they are still so small and rely on us for so much.

All three are now sick. Although Anna has turned the corner and is doing much better. Thank. Goodness. Emily is feeling pretty crummy right now and spent most of last night coughing.

I can't really give a good first week review of the toddler beds as it has been an odd week with all the coughing and crying. They have been really good at night and falling asleep fairly quickly but that is because they are exhausted. We are lucky if they sleep for an hour before someone is awake and coughing and then crying and then waking her sisters. I have been sleeping downstairs with one, two and, last night, all three.

We haven't been pushing the potty training too much this week but we are seeing progress. There have a been a few incidents where Em has insisted on going peeps in the middle of the night. And then there was the other night when we were preparing to give the girls a bath. Em had ripped her diaper off and was running around. I went upstairs to organize the towels and heard her screaming the scream of 'something is really wrong'. I ran downstairs to find her standing, squeezing her legs together and I knew. I yelled, "Hold it in!" as I picked her up and ran to the bathroom. I've been peeped on before so I was holding her away from me as I ran. We made it in time.

I'm sure there was more that I was going to write but it has slipped my mind at the moment. I have taken some photos this week but most are still on my camera. With the girls so sick, I haven't been able to do much of anything.

No comments: