Monday, November 30, 2009

Haircuts

I have been wanting to trim the girls' hair for months now and I decided that tonight with everyone tired and fussy (adults included) would be a great time. There are no big before and after photos as I only trimmed about a half an inch or so. The girls' hair is curly/wavy but when wet and stretched out, it reaches about a third of the way down their backs. Outside of us trimming one section of Anna's hair that grows out of her shunt scar, they have never had haircuts.

Let's just say that thank goodness their hair is curly/wavy because no one will be able to tell where it is uneven. And I won't attempt that again until they are much, much older. I refuse to have bangs cut because 1.) they won't sit still long enough for me to trim them and I'm not paying for bang trims x 3 every few months and 2.) because their hair is wavy, the bangs won't stay flat and will end up looking like wings. They have my hair and I have had bangs. I know. So we are stuck with the current style for awhile now, which isn't all that bad as it is long enough for ponies.

And the best part is that the video that Rich took includes me yelling and saying some select words/phrases. If anyone finds my patience, please return it to me.

{Side note - it appears that all three girls have teeth coming in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is true and we will be done with teething.}

1 comment:

pyjammy pam said...

fingers crossed on the teeth.

i really need to trim the boys' hair, but i'm scared. i think boys hair is less forgiving. you know, it's so short and theirs is straight. i'm scared. but i'm more scared of spending fifty bucks AGAIN to get it cut.