Friday, October 9, 2009

Triple Trouble

We have approximately ten million books for the girls in our house. Yes, ten million. Some were gifts, some were hand-me-downs, some are from Freecycle. Along the way, we picked up a book titled Arthur's Baby. The copyright date is 1987 and there is a 25 cent sticker on the front so I'm assuming that there was some yard sale transaction involved at some point. Anyway, the girls seem to really enjoy this book.

Arthur is some sort of creature - a mouse perhaps - and his mother is having a baby. There is one page in the book that shows another creature pushing a triple umbrella stroller. The line in the book is "you could be in for triple trouble." I always stop and let the girls finish the line. They like to yell, "TRIPLE TROUBLE."

So that's what we have here. Triple trouble. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep them in their cribs. If Allie doesn't have a sleepsack on, she whips that leg up onto the crib rail. I witnessed Anna trying to do the same the other night. And then there's Em. Em refuses to wear a sleepsack at night but will wear one at nap. I don't fight her on it. I want her to sleep however she feels is most comfortable.

The other night, she tried to climb up the crib slats while saying, "I stuck in the crib." We tried to ignore her until she started swinging her leg up onto the rail. Not. Good.

They only seem to do this during our bedtime routine. Let's hope it stays that way.

I leave you with triple little feet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the cribs. I dread the day when my girls can get out on their own.

FYI, Arthur is an aardvark. It's a pretty cute PBS show, although I don't know if it is still on.

Jen said...

A woman I knew who had twin boys who were big climbers swore by mesh crib tents. I think they run about $65.

CNH said...

My twins are currently figuring this out! I hate not co-sleeping with them any more but I do like not being the all you can eat buffet all night. They're going to be free soon! AHHHHH!!!!

Christina said...

Just found your blog! So glad I did, I can't wait to read more about you guys. I'm so sorry about your daughter Abigail.

Sarah said...

Welcome, Christina!

Jen - I'm afraid of crib tents. Well, I think the girls would freak out anyway but then I ran into some research on the internet about how they aren't regulated and some kids have strangled in them.

Hannah said...

If you haven't read any other Arthur books, I highly recommend them. The series reminds me a bit of the Berenstain Bears books.