Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekly Running Update

Seeing as this appears to be a sloooow day in the blogging world, I thought I would just post about my running, or lack of, for the two or three of you who really care.

Physically, this was a not a good week for me at all. There were a few nights where I didn't sleep nearly as much as I needed to and I was forced to push through the day on fumes. I think this finally caught up to me on Friday night.

So here it is...

Running Journal for the week of May 3, 2009

Sunday - 2.25 miles, treadmill, didn't keep track of time
Wednesday - 3 miles, treadmill, 32:46

I think I overdid it on Wednesday night. It's hard for me to ease back into it when my mind believes that I can do it. The calf muscle on my right leg started "tweaking" on Thursday so I decided not to run on Thursday or Friday. I had an injury several years ago that started this way and ended up being an injury because I ran on it instead of resting.

There's a 5K coming up. This should be interesting.

3 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi! I "tweaked" my calf muscle a few weeks ago running too. Be careful!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, triplets, and you still have the energy to run? Amazing!

Lani said...

You are still ahead of me for the week! I'm still trying to get back running after being sick.. it's so hard to start again once you stop:( Tomorrow!