Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's Make a Deal

Here's what I found on the girls' easel Friday when I returned home. Grammy and the girls made it for me. I know, so cute! I love how they "colored in" their hands.



In addition to being Mother's Day, yesterday was also Rich's birthday. I had great plans for Rich's birthday present. I'm not a golfer and have learned to only buy what Rich tells me specifically to buy. I guess I purchased some not so great golf balls one time. A golf ball is a golf ball - come on! Okay, so back to this post. I was going to buy Rich a new golf shirt and find a golf related birthday card. I was then going to create and print out these "coupons" to be redeemed for "a new golf club (without Sarah rolling her eyes)" and "an afternoon of 18 holes (without Sarah rolling her eyes or complaining.)"

I never even ventured out to find the card. Saturday night at 8:00 pm, we had yet to eat dinner and I confessed to Rich that I hadn't been able to take care of his gift. Rich replied with, "I didn't get you anything for Mother's Day. Not even a card. Let's make a deal - you don't have to get me anything if I don't have to get you anything." DEAL.



I know I post a lot here about how difficult raising triplets can be. I want to be realistic about our life. I don't say this often here but everyday I look at the girls and think, How can these girls be mine? I am so lucky to have them in my life. From the day they were discovered twirling around inside of me until the day they were born, I feel as if I held my breath. I remember my doctor telling me at my six week postpartum check-up how he was glad to hear that Anna was doing well. That he hadn't been sure that she would be "okay." But there she sat in Rich's arms. Alive.

Okay, back to talking about how little sleep I get...

Our Happy Day began at 5:38 am yesterday. When it became more than obvious (aka screaming) that we would not be sleeping in, I turned to Rich and said, "Let's make a deal. I'll let you stay in bed if I can nap after you get up." DEAL. Rich doesn't nap which is why I offered to take the first shift of the day.

We had a mostly fun day with the girls although they were a bit grumpy and only napped for 45 minutes. They can all sing parts of Happy Birthday, which is very entertaining. Allie is quite good at it. And we went for a run as a family - Daddy, Mommy, Allie, Anna, Em, Lion, big Elmo and little Elmo.




3 comments:

Lucco Girls said...

I say the same thing several times a day. "Can they really be mine? What have I done to deserve something so precious and beautifl as these 3 little girls?" Life is good.

Helen said...

I'm in the "can they really be mine?" boat too!

And I LOVE how you guys kept making deals with each other!

Mimi said...

Beautiful girls!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!