Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend (or Sunday) Recap

Em has been awake before 6:30 every morning SCREAMING for the past week. At least two of those mornings, she had pooped and wanted to be changed. All three have had their incisors breaking through for the past few weeks and Allie and Em still have a bit of a cold. I'm sure the teething will last for another few months. As a mom, I've learned that teething is slow, painful process for everyone involved.

I actually had a bit of a social weekend, which NEVER happens. A group of my dear friends met for pizza at K & K's house Saturday night. I unfortunately had to leave by 10:00 - no late nights for me. And then Rich and I went out for a birthday lunch today. Yes, lunch alone with no crazy babies.

Auntie P was nice enough to come over and babysit today. We timed it so that we left right after we put them in their cribs for a nap and wouldn't you know that they were awake three minutes before we pulled into the driveway. I gave Auntie P the nickname Auntie P after the girls were born. The girls now call her "Au P." It is so cute to hear them say it. They can't quite say Aunt yet. It's a start though.

And to finish off the weekend, the girls went down tonight without anyone throwing a mental fit. It has been MONTHS since that last happened. I think they were wiped out. Now if we could only have a night where Allie doesn't wake up crying at 2:30 in the morning because she wants a doll from someone else's crib. Crazy baby is still not over the loss of her binkie.

1 comment:

Kris said...

This post brought back memories...
Babysitting one of my nieces, about the same age as the girls, she kept calling me "Annie". I kept saying "no, Kris" She would smile and nod "Annie, Annie Kish"
"no, Kris" I had no clue who Annie was. Until her mom came home and asked how it went with "Anty Kris"
(My family is Auntie, not Anty) lol
I love those first words :)