Saturday, November 15, 2008

OMG

Yes, two posts in one day. The earlier post was one I had been meaning to put up weeks ago. Still trying to catch up here.

Rich and I brought the girls out to run some errands this afternoon. Rich ran into Babies R Us alone to grab some diapers - we had coupons, etc, which would make the diapers cheaper there than at Target. I waited in the van with the girls.

I watched a couple come out with the father carrying a three year old girl in his arms. She was having a semi-temper tantrum. Of course, they were parked next to us. The mom tried to bribe the girl by telling her she could look at her new "thing." (I couldn't quite hear everything.)

It was then that I wished that I had this bumper sticker on my van - http://shop.cafepress.com/design/12758409

If you don't want to go to the link, here's what it says:

ONE BABY! I LAUGH AT YOUR ONE BABY! You should try juggling multiple babies sometime...

OK so back to the story - It was taking them FOREVER to load up into their car and the next thing I know, the couple starts arguing. Full out fighting. F bombs were being dropped all over the place. Meanwhile, my girls are not making a peep.

From what I can gather, part of their argument revolved around the fact that the liquid Tylenol container that was in the car was broken. At some point, the guy yelled, "IT'S A $10 THING!" I watched them roar out of the parking lot with the woman's mouth, silent now to me, opening and closing as she continued to scream.

I can't imagine what that poor child was going through living with that. I can't imagine living with that much anger. I can't imagine raising children with that much anger in the house.

So then we move on to Target. I had Anna and Emily in the double stroller with their little containers of Kix bungeed to their stroller straps. Rich shopped with Allie in the shopping cart. We decided to leave the store during a torrential downpour. It was so bad that I thought at one point that I had lost my contacts. I was wringing water out of my shirt. The poor babies were wet and scared. But we all survived and made it home in time for a late dinner in warm, cozy jammies.

And now, I'm afraid that we are reaching a point where the girls need LESS sleep than I do. Rich offered to let me sleep in this morning. I was awake for a bit listening to the girls so it took me awhile to fall back asleep. I didn't wake up until 11:00! 11:00!!

Allie didn't fall asleep tonight until almost 9:00 and someone was awake last night past 8:30. They are sleeping later in the morning but, come one, they are 19 months old and they don't really nap. I need to be in bed by 10:00 so unless they are going to sleep until 9:00 am we are going to end up with a problem. Never mind the fact that my alarm clock goes off at 6:00 am during the week. Please sleep, babies. PLEASE.

And I'll end this odd post with a link to what I believe will be my Christmas present from Rich this year - http://shop.cafepress.com/design/18374798

No comments: