Monday, December 2, 2019

Fall photos and such

11.26e
When there were still leaves on the trees.

Term 1 has almost finished up at school, which means we are about one third of the way through the school year.  I'm happy we had a short week with school and dance last week.  I needed a bit of a break from that daily routine, which starts to get under my skin after awhile.  (Weird personality trait.)

Back in September, we attended a small family reunion.  The girls were willing to pose for some photos for me.

11.26a

I laughed at how the little one with Emily gave me such a hard time with photos when she was younger, and now she jumps right in.

11.26b

11.26c

11.26d

You know I love a good sunset photo.

11.26f

11.26g

I couldn't decide which one I liked the most, so you get all three.

11.26h

11.26i

The girls participated in their school's running club this fall.  There are no organized sports at the middle school level, only clubs and almost all of them are non-athletic, which is fine.  They are each taking three dance classes in addition to their competition team.  That keeps us all pretty busy.

11.26k

11.26j

11.26m

11.26l

11.26n

11.26o
The girls with their BFF, before long overdue haircuts.

11.26p
And post haircut for this one.

I don't really have a reason, perhaps life changes, but I haven't been taking as many photos.  When I was younger (much younger), I so badly wanted to be able to paint and draw just like my mom and uncle.  It comes so easy to them, but sadly that trait wasn't passed along to any of their children (or grandchildren, thus far.)  My love of photography came later - more towards the end of high school - and when I realized I was actually good at it, it became my creative outlet.  While I'll never be able to paint a beautiful sunset, at least I can photograph one.

11.26q


11.26r

This is the winter scene that has taken over New England.

11.26s

No comments: