Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Toy Story + Disney Christmas Sewing

While sales of Disney Halloween items were blah (and that somewhat could have been due to my timing), Christmas sales picked up after Halloween.  Today I wanted to share what've I've been sewing.

To start, I found this fabric at Joann and I think it's the best Christmas fabric Disney has released.

DSC_7564edit

In prior years, some of the licensed Disney prints have not been very cute.  I hope the designer of this one sticks around.

The girls have outgrown twirly skirts and a couple of years ago, Allie suggested a more grown up looking skirt with a flat front waistband.  I did some research and found a couple of online tutorials for a skirt with a flat panel waistband in the front.  I made some adjustments and created my own pattern.  I prefer to add the elastic at the very end.  

DSC_7560edit10IG

So, yeah, speaking of elastic, the back is stretchy for a more comfortable fit.

DSC_7561edit10B

I ended up making two skirts in a girls size 10.

DSC_7575edit10.2F

And then a smaller size dress with the same fabric combo.

DSC_7577edit3T4T

I stopped by Joann to pick up more of that Christmas print and couldn't resist grabbing a couple of yards of a red buffalo plaid fabric.  Initially, I was thinking about placemats or perhaps even hoarding it, but then I saw both of the fabrics next to each other and decided it was super trendy and went for it.

DSC_7614edit12mo

DSC_7607edit3T

This eyelet lace with the bows is probably the cutest I've come across.

DSC_7612edit

DSC_7615edit56

Another flat front skirt, girls size 8.

DSC_7603editz7

I enjoy creating Toy Story inspired outfits so earlier this year, I made this dress.

DSC_3927edit3T

And the same Jessie dress in a bigger size.

DSC_7552edit56

Here's a different version.  (I like the above version better.)

DSC_4289edit4Tcrop

And a cute little skirt.

DSC_6763edit2T

This week I started working on tote bags for teacher holiday gifts.  I'm infamous for coming up with grand ideas and then running out of time, so I started early.  I'll be sure to share when I'm finished!

3 comments:

BearikaBallerina said...

I wish I had your talent and "eyes" for things like this. These are so cute! My 8 year old would absolutely love these.

Meghan said...

Do you have a page you sell these on?

Sarah said...

Hi Meghan, I list everything on my IG @sarah_sews_and_sells