Saturday, November 3, 2018

{Disney 2018} Day 4 - Continuing the Magic

You can find links to all the entries of this trip report and previous trip report HERE.

When I left off, Grammy, Allie, Anna and I had just finished lunch at Crystal Palace.  Emily had napped and then she and Rich had grabbed lunch and were at the resort pool cooling off.

Our next FastPasses were for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and, after that ride, we used our extra Small World Evacuation FastPasses for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, per the request of the children.  I'm convinced this ride has a long wait time simply because of its location.  Next up was Journey of the Little Mermaid.  I'm convinced this ride doesn't have a long wait time simply because of its location.  It's sort of tucked away in the back there.

I had been texting with Rich and we had decided to return to the Grand Floridian for a break after we wrapped up and then we would all head back to Magic Kingdom for an early dinner and a few more rides.  It was hot, and Anna, who easily overheats due to her meds, was dehydrated.  It can be a challenge to get her to take in fluids and sometimes she just doesn't want to drink water.  I bought a big lemonade and handed it to her, telling her to drink.  She took five baby sips and told me she was all set.  Needless to say, I was not opposed to an afternoon break.

The girls wanted to meet some characters so we joined the line to meet Ariel.  So, this was a little messed up.  The wait time had been listed at 20 minutes when we walked past on our way to Journey of the Little Mermaid, but after the ride, the wait time was posted at 90 minutes.  We took a break to cath Anna and get something to drink.  I assumed it was either an error or Ariel needed a break.  The wait time thankfully returned to something manageable and we were in line for less than 20 minutes.

11.3a

Next up was the character meet under the Big Top in Fantasyland.

11.3b
Daisy was fixing Anna's hair.

11.3c

11.3d

11.3e

11.3f

11.3g

Afterwards, we took the boat back to the Grand Floridian and found Emily and Rich waiting for us.

11.3h

A couple of us were in the mood for nachos so after a break we decided to eat dinner at Pecos Bill.  Dinner marked my snapping point.  Up to then, I had been the main planner and keeper of the schedule for six people.  I was the one to make suggestions, check wait times, etc.  I was burnt out.  Done.  What do people want for dinner?  How many orders of nachos should we get?  Who is sharing?  What are you drinking?  I was done.  I handed it over to Rich and he willingly took control.

After we ate, Haunted Mansion was finally back up and running and the cast member at the beginning of the line honored our unused FastPasses despite the snafu with our Magic Bands.  There was no wait for Journey of the Little Mermaid so we rode that again, mainly because Emily had missed it the first time around.

So let's talk about Space Mountain.  When I was 14 years old, my family drove down to Florida during February vacation week.  In addition to visiting a couple of places in Florida, we spent a day at Magic Kingdom and a day at Epcot.  I rode Space Mountain during that vacation and vowed to never, ever ride it again.  Before our August trip, I was discussing roller coasters with the girls' dentist during one of their many teeth pulling appointments and he convinced me to ride Space Mountain again after pointing out that other roller coasters at Disney (Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest) are more intense.

I had prepared myself mentally to take on Space Mountain again, but whenever I'd checked the wait times the ride had been down or the stand-by line was at 30+ minutes.  The girls wanted to sit in on Carousel of Progress so as we made our way over there, I checked the wait time again.  It was still at over 30 minutes, which, in the whole scheme of wait times, is really not too bad, but I didn't want to wait.

While we were in Carousel of Progress, it poured.  We were very happy for the timing, which allowed us to completely avoid getting rained on.  Even though it was fairly early, we headed back to the resort for an early bedtime.

11.3i

The next day was to be our last full day at Disney and we wanted to be well rested in order to cram in as much as possible.  

11.3j


Here's a list of everything we experienced at our first day at Magic Kingdom:

1.  Big Thunder Mountain
2.  Big Thunder Mountain
3.  Small World
4.  Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
5.  The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
6.  Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
7.  Meet Ariel
8.  Meet Daisy and Minnie
9.  Meet Goofy and Pluto
10.  Haunted Mansion
11.  Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
12.  Carousel of Progress

~ Trip report to be continued ~

1 comment:

Jenn said...

People love Space Mountain but it is not my favorite. I rode it for the first time in March as an adult. It was so jerky and I felt so old because my back was sore when I got off of it. Thankfully my 8 yo didn't care for it either so I don't feel like I will have to force myself to ride it next time we go.