Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Another summer weekend. #saltlife

As to be expected, we spent the weekend down at the cottage.  My brother and his three kids came to visit on Saturday.  He has two girls very close in age to my girls and they all get along quite well.

But first, a beach hair photo.

7.17a

Even though I feel like I've perfected the portrait, it's one of my favorites to shoot so I practice when the opportunity presents itself.

7.17b

The weather was nice, not too humid and actually a tiny bit cool for me at the beach.  The water's warm so the kids will swim regardless.  After a cookout at the cottage, we headed for the water.  I was curious to see if the currents would be affected by Chris, the storm way out to sea near us.  (I think it was named Chris.) I had seen reports that certain beaches were considering closures because of the impact, but we didn't see much, if any, of a difference.

7.17c
Where the river and ocean combine.

7.17d

7.17e

7.17f

7.17g

7.17h

Our beach roses this week.  Such a nice pop of color.

7.17i

So we ended up eating dinner at Baxter's.  Again.  Rich is Baxter's-out for the season.  Ha ha.  I had suggested it for a few different reasons.  We used to go there growing up and my brother hadn't been there in forever.  Also, the seafood is fresh.  There's another counter service seafood joint closer to us, and while decent, they don't have kid's meals.

7.17j
I sometimes also order a kid's meal.

7.17k
Plus, you can't beat the views from the dining area.

7.17l

7.17m

7.17n
I love those two cottages.

We wrapped up the night with a round of mini golf.

Sunday, we putzed around the cottage in the morning and then headed to the beach that afternoon.

7.17o

7.17p
Yes, my hands are full.

7.17q

Until next weekend . . .

7.17r

No comments: