Thursday, March 22, 2018

Beach. Chowder. Winter

Over the years, I've learned my lesson.  When we visit the beach offseason, the girls need to pack a pair of waterproof boots into the van.  I bring along an extra pair of pants for them because inevitably, someone ends up soaked.  Even in the summer, I grab spare clothes.  Lucky for me, they all wear the same size.

3.22a

3.22b

The best part of this beach visit was when it came time to leave and the girls didn't want to.  Despite the cold wind and numb fingers, they wanted to stay.  It's been a long winter and I can't speak for everyone but I've been feeling caged in.

3.22c

3.22d

3.22e

3.22f

3.22g

3.22h

We hit the road to drive home and I just couldn't stand to miss the sun setting over the water.  It was much colder and super windy so I didn't want to stay long.  Plus, we had a bit of a drive ahead of us.

3.22i

3.22j

After the sun actually sets, the sky can be quite beautiful.  But this wasn't a good night to stick around for that.  Instead, I watched from the van as we drove home.  The sky always seems to have the best colors when you're stuck in a car.

3.22k

If you want to see my photos of the beach erosion and storm damage at Nauset Beach, click here.

1 comment:

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Gorgeous photos as always. And yes, the prettiest sunsets and sunrises tend to be when you don't have your camera or can't get one because you're moving in a car.