Monday, October 23, 2017

Last Week

10.23a

10.23b

10.23c

10.23d

10.23e

10.23f

10.23g

10.23h

10.23i

10.23j

The first sickness to spread around school this year was a cold.  A few weeks ago, the girls all came down with it.  Well, Anna started to get it but it went away and then she started to get it again but it went away.  It's odd but she doesn't really contract colds like Allie and Emily do.  For the kids, this was pretty much a standard cold.  A few days of a runny nose and a cough, but not enough to disturb their sleep.  It did seem to linger for Allie and Emily, and I've heard several others use that term for this particular cold.  Linger.  And then Rich caught it.  I hit him pretty hard but after resting for the weekend, he was back to normal in a few days.

Sunday evening (not this past Sunday, but the Sunday before) I went for a four mile run and I felt good.  It was a good run.  That cold hit me hard Monday morning and it kept getting worse as each day passed even though I was basically doing nothing but resting (and taking the kids to school, and picking the kids up from school, and making dinner, and taking the kids to dance.)  It took me three days to write that Disney planning post last week because my brain was a foggy mess and I couldn't think straight.  I couldn't even really read because I kept losing focus.  Thursday was the worst day but then suddenly that night, right before I went to bed, I started feeling better.  I've been improving each day but I'm still not 100%.  I never intended to take this much time off from running.  On Monday, I thought I would just rest on Tuesday and be back running again on Wednesday.  Yeah, right.

We're gearing up for Halloween here.  The leaves have really hit a good spot and it looks like fall, even though it doesn't really feel like it.  No complaints from me.  I'll take warm weather over chilly any day.  I have a bunch of fall photos to share later this week too.

10.23k

No comments: