Friday, November 4, 2016

Inspiration

It's not unusual to hear of photographers who were inspired to become photographers due to their love of photos in general.  Sure, some of us also wanted to take beautiful photos of our children or of our lives in general, but quite often there's a love of photography listed somewhere in there.  And while that may be so, you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the general population who doesn't like photography.  I'm not referring to an album of Uncle Bob's Cancun vacation either.  High quality, artistic photography is usually a crowd pleaser.

When asked why or how I got into photography, I have stated, like many others, that I'd always loved looking at photos.  It was inspiring to me and it remains so to this day.  Over the weekend, I was viewing a documentary that was photography based and which made me think of my love of documentary style photography.  That's were my heart really belongs.  A few ideas popped out at me.  (Although, just like any other photographer, I feel like I'm hanging out in flatline mode lately.  You know that feeling.  No matter what you do it's just not the best.) 

These are all photos of our day-to-day from the past month or so that I haven't shared here yet.  I do apologize that I have posted some (many) of them on Instagram.  There's no way to avoid that, sorry.

11.4a

11.4b
(There was something gross at school.)

11.4c

11.4d

11.4e

11.4f

11.4g

11.4h

11.4i

11.4j

11.4k

11.4l

11.4m

11.4n

11.4o

11.4p 

11.4q

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If these are your flatline mode photo's, then they're great, beautiful photos (the one with the tear.. Wow), i always feel inspired when i see your pictures, and at times even copy them...sorry...hope you'll share what ideas have popped out to you and the photo's they inspire.

Sarah said...

Adrian - you are too kind!

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

I love your style and have NO problem getting second glimpses at shots you've shared on IG. :) What was the documentary?

Sarah said...

The photographer is Darcy Padilla. Search for Family Love or The Julie Project. Very moving.