Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday nights . . . and biking/Cape Cod photos

9.11a

9.11b

9.11c

9.11d
(Unsure of the rock climbing situation.)

9.11e

9.11f

9.11g

9.11h

9.11i

9.11j

9

9.11l

9

9

9
(She created this hairstyle all by herself that morning and it survived a bike helmet and wind.)

9.11p

Sunday evenings have a very different feel for me now.  It's just another night of the week.  I don't have to rummage through my closet, searching for an acceptable outfit for the next day.  I don't have to pack up any food.  Well, I do have to pack food for the girls for school but that happens in the morning and they do some of it on their own.  I don't have that sinking feeling swimming around in my stomach.  I still have a long to-do list.  Can someone please invent self-cleaning bathrooms!

We've remained quite active over the weekends, soaking up the remaining days of summer.  The girls have been enjoying more bike rides now that we've rotated off the face of the sun and cooler weather has begun to take over.  Last weekend, we headed out for a family bike ride all three days.  The longest was six miles along the Cape Cod Canal.  This was tough for Anna but she did it without complaint.  The thing with Anna is that she doesn't give up.  So much so that we know when something is truly too difficult for her when she tells us she can't do it.  She'll never say she can't do something if just she's a little tired.

1 comment:

Tracey's Life said...

I think it is really wonderful that you have instilled in her a "can do" attitude instead of "I can't" She is learning not to let her illness define her. I predict great things for her because of your own attitude. She may always need to have some accommodations made because of the Spina Bifida, but they won't be stumbling blocks. You have taught her well. You should be proud of what you have all taught. Truly life lessons.