Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thoughts, weekend photos

The creative side of my brain has been feeling a bit repressed as of late.  I feel itchy with the urge to create and I have all these, some may say, outrageous ideas but, alas, I live the life of a tax return lady.  Weeknights have been a little, ah, hectic.  Yeah, hectic is a good word for it.  And the house continues to fall into a state of disarray. . .

I'm about 25% of the way through Lynsey Addario's book, It's What I Do: A Photographer's Life of Love and War.  I can't vouch for the book as a whole but the first quarter of it has been riveting.  I still don't understand why someone would do what she does and she tries to explain but I guess she shouldn't have to justify it.  It's what she does.  She points out that even though she's a photographer, she's not going to end her career in photojournalism to set up a photo studio next to her house.  It's not the same.  It's easy to lump all types of photography together and see it as universal but you really do need different skills for different types of photography.

So here are some weekend photos.  The first one is my favorite.  I've had this photo in my head for months now but the opportunity hadn't presented itself.  Sometimes with kids, you need to catch them at the right moment, in the right light.

9.29a 
Summer freckles


And a little blast of fall from a tiny piece of New England.    

9.29b

9.29c

9.29d

9.29e

9.29f

9.29g

9.29h

1 comment:

Valerie Cox said...

Her lashes are so beautiful! All 3 of your girls are so precious and pretty! :)