Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Chatham, Cape Cod

A few weeks ago, we were very excited to be able to spend the day with a friend visiting the Cape from VA.  She has twin daughters the same age as our girls and it wasn't long before they were all BFFs.  You know how much I love the Cape and this day was so very quintessential Cape Cod.  The rental house was stunning and we were able to walk a sandy path through yards to reach a private beach.  Chatham is gorgeous but also considered shark territory because of the feeding grounds off of Monomoy, which was to our left but barely visible due to the haze that blew in.  I am terrified of sharks.  This private beach was the perfect location for kids with its shallow waters and multiple sand bars, which is probably what keeps the sharks on the other side of Monomoy.  

And yes, in case you were wondering, I was taking photos from the middle of the ocean.  Fully clothed, I waded out to a sand bar with my camera held above my head while feisty waves lapped at the hem of my shorts.  No sharks were spotted but I'm still convinced I saw a seal.

Enjoy this slice of Cape Cod!

8.11a

8.11b

8.11c

8.11d

8.11e

8.11f

8.11g

8.11h

8.11i

8.11j

8.11k

8.11l

8.11m

8.11n

8.11o

8.11p

8.11q

8.11r

8.11s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture is quintessential Cape Cod to me, with the pine needle, white sandy path and scrub trees. With the sun-kissed kid in a floppy hat with boogie board - perfection! Nice work!

We leave for Disney next week and have reviewed all your pointers over the years. Thanks so much for them!

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Such stunning photos! I love that second to last one with the boat and the very last one. :)