Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pool's open and life lately

Memorial Day weekend, I came down with the spring cold that everyone seems to have had.  Rich and Allie had it pretty bad and I thought the hours I was spending in the office versus home would spare me from germ transference.  Yeah, no.  Wishful thinking.  At least the strep throat has finally vacated the premises.  Anna went back to the doctor exactly a week after she finished her 10 days of amox and tested positive for strep again.  When Rich and then Allie fell ill with that cold, they both were tested for strep.  Negative.  After Anna finished another 10 days of a different antibiotic, she returned to the pedi for another strep swab, just to be on the safe side, and it came back negative.  Finally!

Now, I just need to kick whatever I have/had.  Unfortunately, the show must go on and there were no sick days to be had last week.  And there was OT to wrap up that big project.  And there were two school concerts (I also refer to them as the Professional Children's Choir) to attend.  Not one and thankfully, not three.  These take place during the school day and lucky for me, two of my kids' classes were together and even luckier, both concerts I needed to attend were in the morning.  The afternoon ones would have been a deal breaker.  I pushed myself too much last week and ended up having a bit of a relapse so I've been going to bed at 8:00, 8:30 most nights.  So that's where I've been.  Sleeping.

Rich opened the pool last week.  Of course, only in New England does the temperature go from 80-something to 40-something.  That's daytime temperature.  Ack.  So anyway, the kids are loving the pool when they can use it and I'm quite enjoying the fancy goggle-wearing.

june3




No comments: