Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye, 2014

I now think of December 31 in terms of vesting.

Yes, as in work stuff.

I no longer stay awake to welcome the new year.  I'm sure our neighbors on the next street over will set off fireworks at midnight and I'll be rudely awakened.  Oh, it's 2015.  Please stop so I can go back to sleep.  Thankyou.

I feel uneasy wishing time away for I know that some day in the future, I'll wish for it back.  It's for that reason that I'm slightly hesitant to say that I'm not sorry to say goodbye to 2014.  I feel that I'll be better able to wrap my arms around my current Life Plan once we are in 2015.  There's a countdown of sorts in my current Life Plan and 2015 makes me feel better, closer to my life plan goals.

2014 felt like a work hard, play hard kind of year.  We worked hard and Rich and I were able to embark upon a once in a lifetime (most likely) mini-trip to Turks and Caicos to attend a family wedding.

ap27h

my8a

In July, as a family, we traveled up to North Conway, NH for our annual summer vacation.

jul13q

A portion of which was spent with cousins!

jul13n

And then in late September, we headed to Disney World in Florida for the girls' fourth vacation of magic.  Or in this case, rain.  And magic.  There's always magic at Disney World.

dis32b

In 2014, my beautiful, smart, funny girls turned seven years old and entered the second grade.

ju18l

septt14f

Farewell, 2014.  I'm hopeful that 2015 will be a peaceful year full of health and happiness.  And sleep.

I'll leave you with an interesting statistic.  This 2014 post, which also happened to be my first of the year. had the most views - DIY Doll Beds.

Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2015! :)