Sunday, November 16, 2014

{Disney} Day 5 - Epcot, afternoon

*Edit to fix duplicate picture... Duffy is Anna's favorite. Can't forget the Duffy picture!

After lunch, we walked over to the area where Duffy meets and greets.  Well, first we popped in this little building in Norway to check out some items which inspired the movie, Frozen.  I think that's what they were.  I can't really remember.  I know there's been chatter (and complaints) that Disney will eventually convert Norway into Arendelle.  I guess you can include me on the "Whatever" list.  Frozen has been such a huge moneymaker for Disney, I'm betting we can expect to see more in the parks in the future.


When we arrived at the Duffy M&G pavilion, the gigantic teddy bear was wrapping up and heading off for a break so we became the first ones in line for his return meeting and greeting.





We then decided to walk around the World counterclockwise.  The girls like the ride in Mexico so we did that and spent some time checking out the gift shop where it was nice and cool.  Aside from window shopping and a gelato stop in Italy, we didn't really do much in the countries.  I'm actually not sure what else we could have done.  Well, that's not completely true.  In the last gift shop we visited, I spotted the kid passport kit.  The girls are also into maps right now and we could have had them find the countries on a map as we walked through them.  There are craft stations in most of (maybe all of) the countries but the girls were not interested.  I think they were too old for it.


After the World, we headed over to the aquarium and the Nemo ride, which had a stand-by wait time of 5 minutes.  The kind of stand-by time that we love.  And of course, there was a Chip and Dale meet.


This was the first day of our trip without any rain and as much as we enjoyed that, we were not mentally prepared for the heat.  It was 90 degrees that day with a real feel temperature of 103.  So although there was much left undone at Epcot, we headed back to the Polynesian for some pool time.  The heat can be bothersome for Anna, who tends to overheat due to her medication.  At one point, I wet some paper towels in the bathroom and she used those to cool off as we walked.  I also did that every time I cathed her.  When it's hot like that, we have to plan a somewhat easy day.  Which is probably best for all of us.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post how we had been fearful that the quiet pool would be overcrowded now that the main pool was under construction.


I've seen some folks refer to this as a kiddie pool because of the depth, which may be one of the reasons why it was almost always empty.  It was perfect for the girls.  The life guards, who I think were bored out of their minds, were all very friendly.  The one in my picture is posing for me.


Rich watched the girls at the pool while Grammy and I grabbed dinner for all of us at Captain Cook's.  It was nice to rest and eat dinner at an uncrowded poolside.  I had that tuna croissant sandwich again and it was still fresh and tasty.  After swimming, we made it an early night.  We wanted everyone to have energy for our last day in the parks.

Up next - Back to Magic Kingdom

No comments: