Sunday, November 2, 2014

{Disney} Day 4 - 1900 Park Fare breakfast

1900 Park Fare is a table service, buffet style restaurant located at Disney's Grand Floridian resort.  This restaurant features character dining for breakfast and dinner.  We had experienced Cinderella's dinner here during our first vacation back in 2010 (look at how itty bitty the girls were!) and had found it to be just okay.  Several factors could have played into that though.  It was a late meal for the kids and a Disney vacation with three year old triplets isn't exactly relaxing.  (Neither is one with seven year old triplets.)  Because we were staying next door at the Polynesian for this trip, we decided to try out breakfast, which includes characters Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

This was to be our third breakfast ADR in a row.  I know.  I didn't intend to schedule it that way.  Although I do love eating out for breakfast.  Sometimes you just have to take what's available, even if it isn't ideal.

There is a paved walkway connecting the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian and because our rooms were on the side of the resort closest to the GF, we had planned to walk over there for our 8:40 ADR.  It was a bit of a hike to the monorail and we estimated that by the time we walked up there, we could have been a third of the way to the GF.  Unfortunately, it began to rain again so we were somewhat forced to take the monorail.  By that point, I was done with the rain.  I had packed light and only had one pair of flip flops and one pair of cloth sneakers with me.  I had worn my sneakers the day before at Animal Kingdom and they were still soaked through so I was heading into a full park day wearing flip flops.  Ack!

We arrived right on time for our ADR and were seated within minutes.  We immediately noticed a difference between the service and here and that at Tusker House.  It was more formal and I didn't feel like we were being shuffled around like a herd of cattle.  It is the Grand Floridian after all.

dis41a

First up was a sweet Winnie the Pooh.

dis41b

dis41c

Followed by Alice and a very proper Mary Poppins.

dis41d

Tigger snuck up on Grammy and scared her.

dis41e

dis41f

And then there was the Mad Hatter.

dis41h

He was definitely the most entertaining character of the bunch.  He was so loud, you could hear him at the other tables.  If anyone said they were excited to meet Mary Poppins, he would say, "She's such a scary witch.  Why do you want to meet her?"  My kids are super quiet with the characters to begin with so it was no surprise that he approached our table and said, "Well, you all look thrilled to see me."

dis41i

So let's talk food because really, that's a pretty important piece of the experience.  I thought that there was a good selection of items, including an omelet station, and unlike Tusker House, the buffet was not crowded.

dis41g

We usually can't find biscuits and gravy here in New England so I eat 'em up when I can.  And yes, I do eat Mickey waffles.  We were all happy with the food, found it to be quite tasty and we unanimously agree that would definitely eat there again.  Interestingly enough, this meal cost the exact same as breakfast at Tusker House.

Up next - More Magic Kingdom

4 comments:

Beth said...

Did you use the dining plan for this trip? I'm trying to decide pros and cons of all the options. It's so overwhelming!

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Oh my gosh! SO itty bitty in the link you posted. I've been reading since before that trip, but I hardly remembered them being so small!

It looks like the girls warmed up to the Mad Hatter. I hope the rain got better as the day went on!

Katie said...

The girls have Grammy's eyes!

Sarah said...

We didn't use a dining plan. For the dates we booked, the special offer was room discount. I did, however, save all of our receipts and plan to calc out whether or not it would have been worth purchasing a dining plan.