Friday, July 25, 2014

So, what are you guys doing this summer?

The popular question going around these days.

The girls are enrolled in weekly gymnastics and tennis lessons.  I really like how the gym offers normal classes during the summer, in addition to camp type programs, because a regular weekly class seems to work best for us.  Tennis lessons are through the town, run by teenagers/college kids and pretty much laid back.  There's structure to the lessons but they aren't intended for the next Serena, which is perfectly fine.  Not complaining, just explaining.

I also believe in time for kids to be kids.  We have enough of schedules and go, go, go during the school year so it's nice to have a break.  BUT I'm one of those parents that insists that the learning doesn't end just because school does.  The girls have been reading many library books, I still read to them every night, and sometimes they read to me at night.  They did receive summer math packets and I want to make sure they complete them.  (The school does not require them to be finished.)   Emily was working on hers a few weeks ago but I haven't seen her doing so since.

jul25a

jul25b

jul25e

jul25h

jul25f

Shortie actually has made a fair amount of baskets.  I didn't get any pictures of it but I've witnessed it!

jul25g

Let's talk gymnastics.  A year ago, Allie's coach told me that Allie almost had her backbend, which was one of the reasons why she skipped over the beginner's gymnastic class.  Well, I don't know what happened but it took her almost a year to finally get it and then she started trying to kick over.  That wasn't going so well at first but one day, she just got it.  When I left for work in the morning, she couldn't do it, but when I arrived home that night, she could.        

jul25c

jul25d


I really need to kick myself into gear and get moving on my sewing projects.  I spent two nights this week crafting an Anna (Frozen) tank top for Emily's BFF who is leaving in a few days for Disney.  I was really happy with how it came out and she loves it.  I'm glad I was able to add some magic to the magic.  I'll share it soon.


  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: