Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Better Days

Life has been a bit hectic as of late.  Well, when isn't it?  My days at home are full of family and home activities while my days at work are full of.... work.  I sometimes have trouble switching back and forth.  Three days of laundry, play dates, beach outings, sewing and cleaning and then suddenly four days of tax emergencies and overtime.  There is no balance really.  Four days on, three days off.  I'm hoping that once the September and October filing deadlines pass, life will become more normal.  It has to become more normal.  My anxiety level is through the roof right now, the kids are mad at me for not being home at night and my stomach is an absolute mess.  I requested vacation time for next week and I'm determined to take it.  

I was supposed to run tonight but my train home was delayed and I didn't walk in the door until 8:10.  Two kids were still awake and wanted me to say goodnight (saying goodnight around here takes at least five minutes per kid) which meant that I wouldn't have started running until close to 8:30 and I hadn't had anything to eat since lunch.  Poor planning on my part but eating dinner at 9:15 isn't on my list of favorites.

Okay, so now let's discuss some good things:

Rich is enjoying his new job, especially the fact that it is only a 20 minute drive from our house.  Say what?  I've only ever worked in the city so I can't imagine driving 20 minutes to work.  He has to drop me off at the train station in the mornings now so that he can have the car to drive to work.  One morning, he dropped me off and then returned home to change into his work clothes.  Emily thought that he had gone to work and then come back home.  That night, she told me that Daddy must have forgotten what to wear and returned home to change into a "fancy outfit."

The girls had five friends over on Saturday afternoon for a big play date.  I survived and they all had a blast.  Thankfully, they tend to befriend kids who are well behaved.  It's been nice getting to know some of the other parents as well.

I ran 4+ miles on Sunday.  It wasn't easy while I was running but I pushed myself through it and I wasn't really sore afterward.  And then Sunday night, Rich and I had a date night (sort of.)  We went to see the Goo Goo Dolls in Mansfield at the Comcast Center, which will always be known as Great Woods to me.  I still can't believe they filled in almost all of the lawn with seating!  So anyway, GGD are touring with Matchbox 20 right now.  It's supposed to be a double header but their set list was shorter than normal.  Either way, the show was fantastic.  As always.  And maybe a little bit more.  If you've been reading here for any amount of time, you know that I just love this band.  The only good thing about GGD going on before MB20 was that Rich and I could be home and in bed at a normal time.  I think MB20 is a good band but apparently, I like sleep more than them.  So yes, we left during the set change. Given the size of the venue, we had pretty good seats (I waited until the venue dropped the unsold $300 - $400 VIP seats to regular prices the night before the show) so before we headed out, we climbed up to the lawn and I found two women and gave them our tickets. I wanted someone to enjoy the seats for MB20.  (Spread love and love will spread.)


Jenn P said...

that was so nice of you to do with the tickets. I live by the same motto...spread love, good karma and all that jazz. love to see others do the same! ~Jenn

Cassidy said...

I saw GGD and MB20 when they were here in Denver and the 90's girl in me was in absolute heaven!! Loved it!!