Friday, June 21, 2013

Of butterfly wings and fairy tale dreams

I recently read a book to the girls about a little girl who believes that she is a fairy princess.  The next morning, I found Emily eating breakfast wearing butterfly wings and a tiara headband.  She and Allie have been dressing like that quite frequently these days.  But then I'll witness the struggle to grow.  They've taken to wearing those dress-up princess shoes with their pajamas. They'll flip their hair off of their shoulders and ask, "Mommy, do I look like a grown up?"   

It's an amazing experience to watch your children grow.  Each stage brings something new and it's exciting to dream of the future but at the same time, I don't want that magic that only little kids have to be lost.

jun20a

The girls suddenly dressed up as clowns last Friday afternoon.  I laughed and laughed and applauded their creativity. 

jun20b

jun20c

Emily then transformed into a fairy princess and the girls attempted to photobomb each other, which they thought was absolutely hysterical.  (See Anna walking into the photo.)

jun20d

Anna!

jun20e

Don't grow up too fast...

6 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

They are just so freakin cute! It looks like you guys have a lot of fun at your house :)

Debbie said...

I used to want my girls to stay little forever...sometimes I honestly wished they had. But of course that can't happen. Then they would hit an age slighter old than before, and I would think this is it. This is the age I would like them to stay at...and so on. But again, though I'd wish and wish, they would continue to grow up. Now, I realized if Kim hadn't, I would never have the pleasure of watching Bailey and Braydon as they grow up. And I look forward to seeing Michelle's children someday. So enjoy this wonderful time with your girls, and remember that the next best age is just around the corner...

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute clowns! And I love Anna in that cowboy hat! Adorable as always.

Jennifer said...

Awesome pictures!! <3 the photo bombs and the clowns!!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for almost 2 years now. I love how genuine your blog is... Whether kids, work, family, or career... You just hit it spot on.

Unknown said...

These pictures are my favorite that I've seen on your blog lately...they just made me smile. I struggle with the thought of my kids growing up every day. It just makes me sad! I can't imagine my house without their silliness and laughter. Slow down little ones! ~Jenn

www.twobytwomom.com