Saturday, February 25, 2012

105

I've been consumed with projects outside of photography as of late. I have so many thoughts and ideas of how I want to expand and grow but it's all baby steps for now. I knew when I added my new lens (Nikon 105mm f/2.8) to my collection that it wasn't an everyday lens but last month, I was a little frustrated that I hadn't even had a chance to really use it.

One weekend, Rich brought the girls outside for a bit and I headed out with my new lens. I quickly realized that it was too cold for my liking and ended up firing off shots that I could have taken with other lenses.

(Emily)

jan24a

(Allie)

jan24b

jan24c

(Anna, Allie, Em)

jan24d

jan24e

And then a few weeks later, I took pictures of my niece's newborn twins. That's what this lens is for.

So here's my super quick review so far:

Cons: The price. It's heavy. It sometimes hunts for focus in low light.

Pros: I shouldn't ever have to replace it (it's an investment). It is SHARP.

Proof (little, tiny, cuddly baby)

jan24g

And here's Baby S holding her Daddy's wedding ring.

jan24f

It looks like I'll be able to attend the girls' gymnastics class in a few weeks. I don't have a fast zoom so I'll have to test it out there (through the dirty windows - haha) because that's another reason why I wanted that particular lens.

6 comments:

wethreelyons said...

I've never seen a shot like that with the wedding ring. It's so simple and romantic. I love it!!

Tracey's Life said...

Wow! Great shots Sarah! L

mommytocutiepie said...

Love the wedding ring shot too! The pictures are perfect.

Sarah said...

Thank you! I wanted to use the ring to show how small her hand was. That wasn't exactly how I wanted it but getting a baby to cooperate isn't the easiest.

Katelyn said...

Awe, love the blue middle hat!

Ozzie said...

Wow! That wedding ring shot has me in tears... Gorgeous! I've just found your blog, and will be coming back! Your girls are lovely :-).