Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer

Summer is my favorite season for many reasons. I love the long, warm, sunny days. I love bringing the girls to the beach. I love eating ice cream.

aug12a

I snapped off these pictures last week while the girls enjoying ice cream for dessert on the deck.

aug12b

aug12c

aug12d

Look at those eyelashes!

aug12e

And then the girls asked if they could play in the yard. I said no because it was almost time for bed.

aug12f

Don't laugh, Emily.

aug12g

Don't do it!

aug12h

And then Anna asked me to take a picture of her. (She's trying to make her ducky face but she's smiling too much.)

aug12i

For Father's Day, we gave Rich a patio tomato plant and a basil plant. The patio tomato plant is growing in a tub on our deck due to too many critters in our garden. Those tomatoes are so delicious. I can't believe how crappy the quality of produce from the grocery store has been this summer. It just seems to be worse than usual and I so wish that we had more time to keep up with a bigger garden.

I think I need to dust off the food processor and make some pesto with all our basil.

aug12j

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi I'm a new follower - I found you on Top Baby Blogs - Congrats on that! Your pictures are stunning and your little girls are adorable! Love those ice cream faces hee hee!

Looking forward to reading!

For Love of Cupcakes

Marcia (123 blog) said...

these pics are so gorgeous!

do you print any? how do you display your pics, and how often do you change them?

Hope's Mama said...

I'm really loving the bigger pictures, Sarah. Much better way to admire your girls. Not only are they looking super grown up, but so much like you of late.
I love summer, too. I wish it would hurry up and arrive here. I'm done with winter.
xo

Meet the Brummett's said...

As always, adorable girls! Their little faces are just too precious!

Julie Smith said...

never seen the stages of ice cream eating in this light! precious and the best of photography!! Following you from www.toddlerbedandmore.blogspot.com! will be checking in!

Sarah said...

Adorable Pictures of Adorable Little Girls!


www.sarahelizabethfoto.blogspot.com

pyjammy pam said...

pinch the tops off that basil!!! :D