Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Such a bittersweet day, really. (Three babies here. One not.)

But I had a good day. My one wish was for everyone to be happy. No grumpiness.

There was some grumpiness. (Not me.)

But we had fun. In our family, we typically don't do big gifts for these types of holidays/celebrations. The girls sort of understand Mother's Day now. When I arrived home from work one day last week, they all greeted me with presents they had made at school. And they insisted that I open them right away.

As a craft project last week, Grammy set up cards for them to fill in for me. When I arrived home from work, I had to read the cards.

My girls really are just so sweet.

I'll have to post more later about today's adventures. I haven't even looked the photos that I took today and I'm just too tired. I've been awake since 5:30 this morning. (Not complaining. Just stating a fact.) I haven't been sleeping well. Sometimes it's the kids. Sometimes I don't know what it is.

For weeks and weeks now, I have at least one kid up and ready to go at 6:00 AM every single morning. (Not complaining. Just stating a fact.) During the week, it really isn't a big deal because Rich and I need to get up for work but the weekends can be rough. (Okay, may sound like a complaint.) Just part of being a parent.

So this morning was no exception. We went to visit Grammy and Papa and I knew the girls would pass out in the van. On the way there, I didn't care so much because it was still fairly early in the day. They all dozed for ten minutes or so.

The ride home was a different story. There's always traffic around here now and Em was the first to pass out. Then Allie. Anna was exhausted but thankfully never fell asleep. I was yelling their names and they wouldn't open their eyes. (Anna laughed at that.)

So maybe part of my Mother's Day gift was the fact that it only took until 8:15 to get those two monkeys asleep. I am signing off now because I need to finish cleaning, find clothes for tomorrow (which should be an awesome time because I didn't do my laundry) and then go to sleep.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day. And a special hug to all those moms out there with little ones not with them.

2 comments:

mommytocutiepie said...

Happy Mother's Day Sarah!! Glad you had a good day. Hopefully, you get a good night's rest tonight. And hope your Mom had a great day too!

Hope's Mama said...

Yep, forever a bittersweet day now. Glad the sweet outweighed the bitter this year. It did for me this year, too.
xo