Monday, March 28, 2011

I feel like the 10 day forecast

Every three or four days, I check the 10 day forecast for Boston. I hold my breath as I scan down the days and wish for warm weather. I am always disappointed. The current forecast has us still freezing in the forties until next Tuesday. And then it will hit 51 degrees for two days while raining. This has been the longest, coldest, snowiest winter EVER.

Friday morning, I was a bit sluggish and didn't have time to dry my hair before running out the door to catch the train. I blew the hair dryer over it for maybe one minute. The strands of my hair are very fine but I have a lot of them and my hair is halfway down my back. It takes forever for it to air dry. If I leave the house with wet hair in the morning, the underside will still be damp at lunch.

So I ran out the door with it wet and then my favorite commute occurred. That would be the one when the train is 20 minutes late and I'm standing outside in 30 degree weather with wet hair. Awesome.

This cold (sickness now, not weather) is horrible. No wonder why the girls were so miserable. I am actually surprised that they weren't worse. I was doing better yesterday. I slept in for a few hours and my sore throat was gone. My nose was still very runny but I thought I was on the mend. Until today.

My sore throat is back and I keep coughing. There's a lot of gunk. I feel achy. Wah. Wah. Wah. And Allie's cough is back. I keep imagining that if warm weather ever reaches us, we will all be healthy again.

I should note that I spend approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes commuting each day. About 45 minutes of that is outside, mainly walking. This weather needs to break soon.

I started this post instead of heading off to bed because Rich was cooking dinner. Yes, he cooks for us and for the girls. Not all the time but a lot of the time. I quickly want to post these pictures that I have taken over the past month of the girls' latest activity. I have no idea how or where they came up with it but they take Little People and Disney figurines and place them over pictures in books or magazines. Like they are making it 3D.

mar28a

I think it is fairly creative of them.

mar28b

So now I have to talk about this Beauty and the Beast program. My sister-in-law was cleaning out her basement last year (maybe) and gave us this program, which is probably 10 years old, from Beauty and the Beast on ice. Who knew that B & the B would turn into one of the girls' favorite princess stories.

mar28c

They also like to re-enact the scenes in the program. They have been doing a lot of that lately with books as well. I was Flounder during an Ariel re-enactment last week.

mar28d

mar28e

I want to note that the girls were so well behaved this weekend. We went to three different stores Saturday morning and they did so well. They played together all weekend with minimal fighting. There is always some fighting. At one point yesterday, Allie said, "Come on, little sissies, let's play this." (She is the oldest but I don't think she really understands what that means.)

8 comments:

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

It is ridiculously HOT here in SW FL and we all still have colds and the warm weather has been of no help whatsoever! Hope you all feel better soon!

Jayme said...

Your girls are so creative- with this, the teacup ride, etc :)

Chantel said...

Claudia does that same thing with her dora characters...when dora is on TV, she will even get all her characters and hold them up and have them 'act out' what is happening on the tv. It is so cute.

We have had a miserable winter here. It started snowing the very beginning of November and we are forecasted for snow the beginning of April ....that means we are heading into our 6th month of snow. Really? REALLY?? I am afraid we are going to skip spring and go right to miserable humid weather.

Sarah said...

The 3-d creativeness borders on genius - seriously!

Hope's Mama said...

I feel for you with those long winters. Though winter is on our doorstep now, it is nothing like your winters. Sure, it gets "cold" but not like it does for you. And no snow. Ever. Maybe up in the mountains, but no where around the main cities. I've seen snow once in my life. I was six. Best bit was, we all got sent home from school early! It had melted by the end of the day though. No more snow! We couldn't even make snow men!
Hope the sun starts to shine soon.
xo

ps: I really think you should come live here. The evidence is mounting up!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

i was going to say the same as hope's mama.

South Africa is sounding so good at the moment. I can't wait for our very short winter to begin - it keeps promising and then by 10 am it's hot again.

K said...

ugh feeling sick is the worst hope you feel better soon and have some warm weather coming your way--love the dolls on the magazines--that is really creative : )

K
NewParent.com

Jacinta said...

Sarah, in the southern hemisphere, we've had the longest, hottest summer that a lot of people can remember. Today was 87 degrees one month into fall.

It isn't the same, but you still get sick. My husband said I had the worst flu he had seen in 8 years together.

Extremes of anything are no fun at all.