Saturday, August 7, 2010

Running (myself into the ground) Update

So, yeah, I have been keeping up with my running. Seeing as I haven't really blogged about it for weeks now, I thought I would post a little update.

I've been running three to four times a week. I wasn't feeling like I was making any improvement last month and that's probably because we have had nothing but heat and humidity here. And I've been running outside.

Rich was discussing running with one of his co-workers, who has a baby. When she realized that I have been running races with Rich, she asked how I was doing it. Rich replied, "She's running herself into the ground. That's how she's doing it."

Earlier this week, I ran (and timed) my 5K route and clocked in at 28:22. I'm not going to lie. I was pretty happy with my time but I was so hot when I returned home, I wanted to collapse on the couch and not move.

Now if only I can repeat that time during a real 5K, not just my nightly run.

I made the mistake of running 4.5 miles today at 1:30 in the afternoon. It wasn't hot this morning but that quickly changed with the sun at high noon heating up the blacktop. I would have loved to have taken a nap instead but I didn't. I pushed myself along and finished in just under 44 mintues.

I did go and collapse on the patio furniture in the shade afterward.

I am not signed up for any races but there are two local 5Ks in the next six weeks or so. I am thinking about running at least one of those. I could definitely run a 5 miler but haven't see any.

And I was going to write something else to end this post but now I can't remember what that was. Oh, well.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I wish I had your amibition. I started it and was really loving running outside but this hot weather was killing me. I sort of fell off the exercise wagon (yet again). I am finding it so hard to fit in a full-time job, two little ones, and the rest of my life!!!

Amanda said...

I'm training for a 5K as well and then a half marathon in February. Wishing you the best of luck with it!