Friday, September 11, 2009

Real People

I ended up calling sick into work yesterday. When it all started to go downhill for me at 2:00 in the morning, I was convinced that I contracted the flu. Luckily, that was not the case and I think I am back to normal. Whatever that may be.

To be able to rest as a sick person should, I had to hide out in my bedroom for most of the day. Again, without Grammy, this would have been impossible. The plan was for me to call her cell phone if I needed anything. In the late afternoon, I came out of hiding and the girls became crazy Mommy Monsters.

At one point, Grammy came into the family room to find me and Allie snuggling on the couch watching a Little People DVD. Grammy didn't know that we had this Little People DVD so I informed her that Allie was particularly fond of it.

Fast forward to today at work. I receive an email from Grammy that states:

Allie kept saying that she wanted to watch real people so I turned on HGTV and said, "Here are some real people." It took me a half an hour to realize that she wanted to watch the Little People DVD. Duh! I picked up the DVD and she informed me that this is what she wanted.

3 comments:

Helen said...

LOL at wanting to watch "real people" and Grammy turning on HGTV!

Lucco Girls said...

Haha!!!!! I'm laughing so hard! and it was much needed tonight!!! So funny! Grammy needs her own blog...it would be a huge hit!

Anonymous said...

I've thought about starting my own blog because the girls can be so funny during the day and I also take alot of photos of them. Maybe someday I'll think about it.
Grammy