Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life

I have been awake since four o'clock this morning. So has Rich and Emily and Anna and Allie and Grammy and Elmo and Tiger and Puppy and Lion and Baby Boy. I was awake at three o'clock yesterday morning with Emily. We (along with Lion, Tiger and Puppy) finally ended up sleeping on the couch from 5:00 to 6:00. Emily has been running a bit of a fever with a lot of not-so-nice diapers these past few days. I am more fearful than frustrated.

Allie was in my bedroom a few times this past weekend due to her sleeping issues. Each time, she noticed the picture of Abbey. "Dabbey," she exclaimed with her little innocent voice. "Big sister Dabbey sleeping."

Life can change in an instant. I know this.

The girls are now overtired. It is past 8:30 and they are still not yet asleep. The only way I could convince them to stop crying tonight was by telling them that the neighbor came over and told us that they couldn't sleep because it was too noisy. Allie kept saying, "Too noises."

And now, tonight, as we eagerly await news of Baby Maggie's arrival into this world, I reflect on what I have and what I don't. Choices I made. And didn't. And I pray (in the way that only I can) for her safe arrival.

4 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Wishing for a safe arrival also Sarah. We know all too well there are no guarantees in this life. I hope baby Maggie gets to go home sleeping in the carseat with her parents in a few days time.

Jen said...

You wrote this so beautifully.

Wendy said...

lots of love and hugs, Sarah. I hope baby Maggie is well and I hope you get some rest.

Helen said...

I agree completely with what Jen said.