Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Exhausted Continued

Okay, so where was I? Ah, yes. Lunch at Wendy's.

The girls were so absolutely adorable that I almost could not take the cuteness. They were eating chicken nuggets and a few french fries while using their dippy (aka ketchup) without making a mess. We need to try to weigh Anna again because she has been eating so well lately that I will be completely shocked if she has not gained any weight. That child ate four nuggets.

I wish that I could carry my camera around with me everywhere but it is just too big and bulky so I missed out on some fantastic photo opportunities. I couldn't resist pulling out my cell phone and taking these pictures.

Anna

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Allie, Anna

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Allie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Em

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, my cell phone is old and crappy but I am waaaaaay too frugal to upgrade. It's a phone. It works.

And no, I did not place Anna's hat on her head backwards. This is her new thing.

As we were cleaning up the girls and gathering our trash, an older man appeared and said, "Looks like you are outnumbered." We smiled and agreed with him. He then started talking about the military and man-on-man defense... I don't really recall exactly what he was saying. I think I tuned him out because I was so busy. He ended the conversation with, "But they all look happy and healthy and that's all that really matters."

I almost ran over to him to shake his hand. From the ten billion comments that we have received over the past 27 months of triplethood, that was the first time I can remember a stranger saying this to us. Yes, my hands are full. Yes, I am tired. Yes, life is crazy. But yes, the girls are happy and healthy (with our fingers crossed for Anna) and that really is all that matters. Thank you for seeing this.

The girls and I enjoyed a Frosty in the van on the way home.

1:35 PM - The girls were still jabbering away in their cribs. Their pre-nap chat. Rich told me to go upstairs and take a nap myself. Believe you me, I don't need to be told twice. I scampered right up those stairs, turned the fan on full blast (white noise) and crawled into bed.

2:45 PM - I was awake from my nap and as much as I would have loved to sleep longer we had have another pool party/cookout to attend. Yes, life is tough.

2:53 PM - The girls were awake and we started to gather up the items we would need to take with us.

3:15 PM - I was finally able to take a shower.

3:45 PM - I decided to dress the girls in different outfits in an attempt to make it easier on everyone in remembering who is who. Allie was supposed to be wearing this yellow sundress in size 24 months but the straps kept sliding down her shoulders. I was afraid she would pull her dress down at the cookout so I had to take five minutes to sew the straps in, making them a bit shorter.

Shortly after 4:00 PM - We left for the pool party/cookout late. We were supposed to be there at 4:00. I'm wondering when we will reach a point where we will be on time for events because right now, we are late for everything.

This pool party/cookout was at a co-worker's house and my girls had a great time as usual. Anna and Emily went swimming with Rich again. Allie refused to go into the pool. Again. Which was a bit of a shame as I didn't get the chance to show off my mismatched creation of a bathing suit. Although I did catch her sticking her hand in the water several times. After a few hours, we managed to leave in one piece. My clothes were wet from holding swimming pool wet toddlers and my shirt was smeared with baked bean sauce (thanks, Anna) but fun was had by all. Rich and I were not able to socialize as much as we would have liked to. The girls really showed no fear around that pool and we had to keep chasing after them.

I can't remember what time it was but it was past their normal bedtime - The girls ate three hoodsie cups of ice cream (not each) before bed.

I still can't believe how crazy and hectic our days are. I never imagined that this is how it would be. But I have to say that nothing can compare to those cute little voices and smiles and hugs.

1 comment:

Feris said...

Hy Sarah! Your girls are incredibly beautiful :)

I have one question, what are Anna´s Health issues? Shé looks so healthy and happy just like Em and Allie :)