Monday, June 15, 2009

We'll be lucky if they don't end up with swine flu or a caffeine overdose

This basically sums up our shopping trip to Target yesterday.

{I interrupt this blog post to report that Susan Boyle has been released from a London hospital after a four-day stay for exhaustion. I admit that I only know who Susan Boyle is because I read People magazine. And I only know about her hospital stay and release because I read People magazine. And I just called her Susan Doyle while discussing this with Rich. Okay, so I need to know how exactly does one get admitted to a hospital for exhaustion as I clearly qualify.}

Yesterday was also our first shopping trip where we did not have to use strollers. Depending on what other stores we need items from, there are two Target stores that we frequent. This Target has the shopping carts with the big square in front of the push part - there are two seats in it. Em and Allie sat in there while Anna rode in the seat part of a regular cart with Rich pushing. It was wonderful not to have to drag that double stroller in and out of the back of the van and the girls enjoyed being "big girls."

Being the germ-a-phobe that I am, I used a Clorox wipe to clean what I could where Em and Allie were sitting. Of course, I didn't do this until they were already in the seats. It didn't matter much as Allie decided to chew on the harness strap for most of the trip.

Rich purchased some coffee drink and biscotti cookie thing inside the store. I never ever ever drink coffee. He was feeding the girls some of the biscotti. I took a bite and then read the package. It contained COFFEE. I could taste it immediately. Luckily, it did not seem to affect the girls.

It seems as if we always need items for the girls. Here's a sample of our shopping list from yesterday:
  • Sippy cups
  • Plates for the girls
  • Big girl potty
  • Sandals for the girls
  • Beach/water shoes for the girls
  • Sun canopy
  • Diapers
  • Wipes

I have the hardest time buying shoes for them. I tried some size 5 sandals on Allie and they were just too big. She is currently wearing a size 5 sneaker. This may be a sandal-less summer.

I'll have pictures from the girls' photo shoot yesterday up tomorrow. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You just reminded me that we need diapers and some sort of beach foot apparel for Molly and Lilly. god bless blogging.