Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poo Poos

Something you don't want to hear at 4:30 in the morning:
  • "Poo poos"

What we heard at 4:30 this morning:

  • "Poo poos"

For months and months, I've been trying to teach the girls to say, "Poo," if they poop in their diapers while they are in their cribs. Allie and Em sometimes fill their diapers during their chat session prior to falling asleep for nap and end up sleeping with a dirty diaper on. This has resulted in bad diaper rashes.

This morning, I did what any good mother would do and sent Rich in to assess the situation. He returned with Emily, a clean diaper and the container of wipes. After changing her, I knew that there was no way she was going to quietly return to her crib so we just left her in the bed with us. I find it interesting that the past two times that this has happened, Em has plopped down without a fuss and fallen asleep. It did take her a bit of time this morning to actually fall back asleep and of course, Rich had to return to their room to retrieve "Ion" but I've notice a huge difference in her behavior. She'll just cuddle next to me without fussing or moving around too much or pointing out every object in the room or trying to climb on top of me.

Rich has been trying to convince me that we need a king size bed. I told him that when we need new mattresses, we can purchase king size instead of replacing the queen size ones that we have. He replied with, "We need new mattresses."

1 comment:

The Beers Family said...

we jumped from double to king and with Alex and 2 cats (and hopefully another little one down the road) we needed a king bed!