Thursday, May 14, 2009

Frosting Faces

Rich tells me that I've lightened up over the past two years. I don't know if I completely agree with that statement but I have given up on a few things. One being a clean house. Or clean children. Or clean clothes.

After frosting Rich's birthday cake on Sunday, I brought the frosting coated spatula into the family room for the girls to lick. I then tried to take pictures because they looked so funny with their little frosting faces.

Here's Allie



and Anna.



Em would not allow me to take her picture. She took advantage of my distraction with the camera and placed a package of diapers in front of the couch to use as a step. I will admit that the girls had the last laugh. Anna smeared a glob of frosting onto my pants while Em and Allie climbed up onto the couch. I had to wrestle those two monkeys off of the couch while trying to keep their faces away from the pillows, which can't be easily cleaned. I should note that the rest of the pillows and couch can be easily cleaned. I should know - I've scrubbed down parts many a time this past year.

We all had fun though. And that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

3 comments:

MDtripmom said...

Your girls are beautiful, even with chocolate frosting on their faces!

Marshmallow Circus said...

Great pics, I love those type of memories. :)

Join me in some baby shower fun today by visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great shallow depth of field there. :)
Love the pics.

I have also mellowed out, but one rule I stick to (most of the time) is food in the kitchen only! They can make all the messes they want- in the kitchen.