Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Review

Due to my loving husband, I was able to sleep until 8:50 on Saturday morning. 8:50! He jumped out of bed when Anna started sreaming at 7:00, fed the girls breakfast, played with them after cleaning up after breakfast and then took them to the bank. I can still remember the days when having to get up before 9:00 on a Saturday was early. Now, it's a gift. A gift I treasure.

The little girl next door had her second birthday party yesterday. The party was early in the day (before noon) to allow the young ones to keep their afternoon naps. Because the girls eat lunch at 11:00 and nap at 12:15, we were only able to attend for 20 minutes or so.

I try so very hard not to overreact when little kids, who are strangers, socialize with the girls. On more than one occasion, I've come close to screaming GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS AWAY FROM HER!!! The little girl next door has always been great with them and I think that it's good for them to socialize with other babies besides each other. Unfortunately, the little girl next door was wiped out by the time the triplets made their debut and went to take her nap.

It didn't take long for Emily to acquire a new boyfriend. Jacob. He's four and I've never seen anyone fawn over her as he did. He was rubbing her arm. Touching the top of her head. Following her around. Believe me, I kept a close eye on him. He first arrived on scene licking a lollipop which he promptly dropped on Em. Not a good way to make a first impression.

Emily ventures over to the baby pool. She was content just standing next to it, playing with the toys. Jacob's mother asks him to swim in the big pool so that he won't accidentally splash the baby. I have to stand guard waiting to see him make any movement so that I can grab Emily out of harm's way.

Allie, on the other hand, comes charging over and without hesitation tries to step into the pool. Jacob's in the big pool by now. I lift her in and she walks around playing with the toys. She was wearing a dress not a bathing suit. Oh well. I remain calm.

Our time at the party is up too soon and Allie flips out. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we stick to the schedule. Other kids try to climb into the Choo Choo wagon as we are trying to put the girls in it to leave. I remain calm.

Later in the day while I was playing on the floor with Anna, I catch Allie and Em actually playing with each. You'll notice that Allie is just wearing her diaper. We took her wet dress off after the party and she ended up in a diaper for the rest of the day. Oh well.



That's Em on Allie's back. They've all been very lovey lately. Poor Em was crying tonight because Allie took a toy from her. I turn to see Anna crawl up and ON her to give her a love. She ended up knocking Em backwards.



Today was a lazy, rainy Sunday. Yeah, right!! Here's "naptime" with Daddy.



Is it Sunday night already?

No comments: