Monday, May 26, 2008

Don't believe the hype!

The girls and I made a trip over to the mall this afternoon to meet up with Grammy and get some bargain shopping done. Summer clothes in size 24 months or 2T for dirt cheap will be greatly appreciated. It IS Memorial Day weekend and everyone IS having a big sale - that's what the signs say. We maneuver through the crowds, find a somewhat safe, shady spot and park the strollers. Grammy stands guard while I head off alone to the Children's Place. The store can no longer be reached by stroller.

I start salivating when I spot merch out on the sidewalk. As I get closer, I see that it's the same merch I've already picked through over the past few weeks. Darn. I push my way inside to see that the inside of the store is exactly as it was last week. No additional 99cent racks!? Nothing new!? Bathing suits for $8. Let me see - $8x3=$24. Shorts for $5. Let me see - $5x3=$15. I'll have to wait this out. Maybe 4th of July will bring better sales.

I did find the checkout line snaking through the store to be amusing. "You could have come here last week and had a better selection and no crowds."

No comments: