Thursday, May 29, 2008

Desperate times...

...call for desperate measures.

I've always said that my children will NOT eat food off the floor. If they drop food from their highchairs, it goes in the trash. The dining room floor is not clean.

The girls have consistently been having meltdowns in the morning. Usually an hour after breakfast. Monday morning, I was trying to get them dressed for the parade while Rich showered. In an organized chaotic manner, I handed out Cheerios and Kix. This lasted for 2 minutes. I gave in and put some in a bowl out in the play area. Anna went up to it and dumped it out. This seems to be the new morning routine.






I look at it this way: The carpet is new. No one is allowed to wear shoes in there. There's only so much I can do. It keeps them happy. Rationalize, rationalize, rationalize.....

No comments: